Wow, this was SUPER tasty. Low carb pizza!!!! I made the crust from cauliflower which was a little bit of work but worth it. Also it was hard to make it hard and thick. It’s more like a soft crust thin pizza but SO GOOD!
Ingredients for cauliflower crust:
- 2-3 cups processed cauliflower (I took cauliflower and put it in a nutribullet)
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon oregano
Ingredients for keto marinara sauce:
- 28 oz can of San Marzano Tomatoes (no sugar)
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 oz of pre-cooked chicken
- Spinach leaves
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Artichoke hearts
THE FUN PART!
- Preheat oven to 500 F.
- I bought 12z bags of steamed cauliflower. Put them in microwave for 6 minutes. Let cool off for few minutes.
- Put in nutribullet to mash it up.
- THIS IS A SUPER IMPORTANT PART: Wrap the mashed up cauliflower in papertowels and squeeze all the water out of it. I had to do this multiple times! Squeeze squeeze!
- In a separate bowl, mix Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, egg, salt and seasonings.
- Drop cauliflower dough into the bowl and mix all ingredients thoroughly. Now you have your pizza crust dough.
- Spread on pain into whatever shape you desire. Cook for 12-15 minutes.
- While this is cooking, you can make your sauce! I took all the ingredients and just put it in nutribullet for a minute or two. And that’s your low carb sauce. I did not use the entire can of sauce- I only took out the tomatoes.
- Take out the pizza crust from oven. Put your own toppings as desired on it. Put it back in oven on BROIL for 2-5 minutes is all you need so you don’t burn the crust.
For the entire pizza, 294 calories with 9g of carbs FOR THE WHOLE PIZZA.
I added spinach, artichoke, chicken and more cheese on it for topping so it ended up being like 3g of carbs for the artichoke. Again, something so low I won’t even worry about it.