This was a delightful treat. Taste like normal cookies, can’t even tell they are low carb or gluten free.
I AM GETTING BETTER AT THIS BAKING THING!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup xylitol or sugar substitute
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- In a bowl, mix together the butter, coconut oil, and xylitol. Add the eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the baking soda, salt, almond flour, and coconut flour. Slowly add the flour mixture to the creamed ingredients 1 cup at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Form the dough into a ball with your hands and place on a piece of plastic wrap. Form the dough into a disc and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease pan.
- At this point, you can either scoop it into balls, or I made them into flat cookies since they don’t actually flatten on their own in the oven. Or you can use a cookie cutter and make fun shapes! I added a couple dark chocolate chips to each cookie, but you can add whatever you want to it or not at all.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes.
This batch I made 25 cookies total. So approximately each cookie is 128 calories and 6.6g of carbs.