My boyfriend’s sister made this for dinner one night and it was spicy and awesome, so I got the recipe to make it on my own!
- 3 lbs chuck roast (fat trimmed), cut into 2-inch chunks
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 chiptoles in adobo sauce, chopped (or more to taste)
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 Tablespoon dried Mexican oregano (or regular oregano)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 cup beef broth or water
I put it all in the slow cooker and cooked it on HIGH for 3-4 hours.